Innovation Developments Overview
Total Regeneration have embraced the need for our buildings to be sustainable and have a track record of
leading the way. We have worked on a number of Passivhause creating BREEM developments working towards creating more sustainable communities.
Our expertise stretches across a variety of renewable technologies as evidenced in 2020 we constructed the Cwt Pen-Capel apartment block in Caerphilly which was built to Passivhaus standard on behalf of Linc Cyrum. The development features innovative building with integrated photovoltaic solar panels, manufactured in Wales.
Rather than being mounted on top of the roof, as conventional solar panels are, a thin film panel is laminated onto the metal roof panels themselves.
This uses far less material, while the technology has the added benefit of producing electricity more efficiently when not in direct sunlight.
We have been heavily involved in low carbon buldings
All of our residential construction for Registered Social Landlords meets the UK Government Development Quality Requirements which set out basic requirement relating to space an amenity for sustainable living.
New and second hand housing developed by Registered Social Landlords utilising Social Housing Grant is required to comply with our Development Quality Requirements which sets out basic requirements relating to space and amenity.
Total Regeneration have built a number of developments consisting of low carbon homes which where supported by the UK Government through the Innovative Housing Programme (IHP)
The main aims of the IHP are to;
- Increase the supply of affordable housing as part of the 20, 000 additional affordable homes target
- Do this is a way that aligns the design and delivery of affordable housing with the seven goals of the Well-being of Future
- Address cost and value in new homes and develop housing that meets specific current and future housing needs.
- Provide support for those willing to innovate through the use of alternative approaches
- Demonstrate benefits associated with alternative approaches, with a view to encouraging wider uptake.
- Harness opportunities to deliver jobs, skills training, and develop local industry
- Publicity disseminate key findings and maximise learning.
- Help to tackle poverty by providing homes which are more energy efficient and cheaper to run
Let's Build Together
Please complete the form below and someone from the Total Regeneration team will be in touch.