About Mitton Group
Across almost a century, the Mitton Group has developed into an established, financially sound company with an underlying philosophy focused on providing high quality products and services worthy of a national brand.
Continuing investment in infrastructure, people and skills has placed Mitton in a strong position in the building services industry, offering broad-based expertise to provide responsible and professional solutions.
Underlining this is the company’s commitment to increasing energy efficiency and optimising systems to reduce energy consumption. Mitton works closely with clients to find the drivers most applicable to their businesses, engineering solutions designed to achieve their goals.
Mitton Mechanical Services is the name behind one of the UK’s leading building services specialists, providing professional and comprehensive mechanical building services solutions for new and existing structures, serving a nationwide client base.
Bringing together a unique mix of contracting, aftercare, environmental management and climate control divisions, plus a newly formed national ‘handyman’ service, the Mitton Group partners with clients across the UK, achieving close commercial relationships based on mutual trust and confidence. All systems are developed in compliance with current and pending legislation.
The company maintains a leading position at the forefront of development in the industry. Innovation and service go hand in hand with Mitton’s commitment to excellence in all areas, meeting and exceeding customer requirements.
Providing a cohesive, joined-up approach bringing together practical, informed solutions to meet commercial requirements, Mitton is committed to achieving environmentally responsible, cost effective systems contributing to client profitability.
The Four Cornerstones
Mitton’s operating philosophy is built around a ‘Four Cornerstones’ approach, encompassing Trust, Teamwork, Commitment and Training. Our corporate vision, mission statement, far reaching strategy and established set of values govern all areas of the business.
To provide a unique customer focused building services solution to our clients working in partnership with all project stakeholders.
To carry out safe operations, to put people first, to be responsive to change, to continually improve performance and to exceed the expectations of our clients.
To enhance Health & Safety in all areas, to deliver best value solutions, to partner with clients where exceptional service is a priority, to build relationships with the total supply chain, to actively encourage all employees to continue their professional development and to evaluate and re-evaluate for continuous improvement.
We believe safety is paramount; we strive to be honest, open and reliable, to embrace change and to develop our skills accordingly. We aim to provide best value at all times and to adopt a policy of shared learning.
Commitment to the concepts behind this corporate framework has driven the Mitton Group to achieve ever higher standards of individual and team accomplishment over the past decade.
Mitton is committed to the philosophy of partnering, forging strong links with the entire supply chain to ensure the smooth completion of every project.
Working closely together with both suppliers and clients to build long term relationships enables Mitton to identify value drivers alongside commercial building objectives. This in-depth understanding helps Mitton to deliver projects which meet real requirements every time.
Promoting a Health & Safety Culture across the Mitton Group
Mitton Group of companies (Mitton Mechanical Services Ltd. and Mitton Aftercare Ltd.) draws the attention of every employee to their own personal duty, under the Health And Safety At Work Act 1974 and all subsequent supporting legislation, to take reasonable care of the health and safety of themselves and other persons who may be affected by their work.
Every employee must at all times co-operate and act in accordance with instructions given to them with respect to the above.
Mitton Group has developed a reputation that demands that every employee should act safely and responsibly.
The Mitton Group of companies are committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for every employee, and any other persons affected by our activities so far as is reasonably practicable.
We will provide adequate resources to implement this policy.
We will provide every employee with the information, instruction and training that will enable them to perform their duties safely.
We actively promote co-operation from all employees so that our standards are maintained and wherever possible improved.
We will ensure that all processes and systems of work are planned and organised to minimise risks and take account of health, safety and welfare.
We will monitor review and revise this policy statement and all other aspects of safety, health and welfare when legislation dictates and, at minimum, on an annual basis.
Mr Neil Burns is the Director responsible for implementing the Safety Policy.
We recognise that our day-to-day operations and other responsibilities impact on the environment in a number of ways. We are committed to achieving continuous improvement in environmental performance and to minimising pollution.
- Ensure that environmental management is integrated into every aspect of our business operations to ensure environmental issues are addressed
- Ensure compliance with all relevant legislation and regulations and aspire to best practice
- Review current activities, products and services with a view to minimise the environmental impacts and reduce, wherever practicable, the level of harmful emissions
- Reduce our use of natural resources such as energy, water and raw materials, and maximise the efficient use of such resources, reuse rather than dispose whenever possible, promote recycling and the use of recycled materials
- Ensure that all employees have an understanding of their responsibilities in relation to the Environmental Policy
- Encourage the implementation of sound environmental practices by all people within the organisation
- Ensure that suppliers and contractors minimise the impact of their operations on the environment and actively support our environmental programmes through an environmentally sensitive purchasing policy
- Where appropriate, support through community programmes, the promotion of environmental protection by relevant external groups and organisations
- Monitor progress on a regular basis to identify strengths and areas for improvement and to highlight actions required to prevent potential deficiencies. In order to implement this policy we will develop a set of objectives and targets identified as a result of our environmental review, which relate to the environmental impacts of our organisation
Actions to achieve this policy will require us to focus on the following areas;
- Waste management, including the disposal of materials
- Recycling initiatives, including metal, timber, packaging and office paper
- Energy use
- Business travel
- Purchasing arrangements
- Staff training and communication on environmental issues
We recognise that this policy is only the start of our journey and effective implementation of change and our commitment to the development of leadership and management skills will underpin this policy.
The policy itself will be reviewed annually and more often if performance or operating context demands.
This Environmental Policy is available on request.
Statement of Quality Policy and Objectives
Our company Quality Management System policy states:
The key aim at all times is for ensuring prompt and effective functioning of all the company’s processes and activities.
In order to do so the following objectives have been established to ensure that:-
- The service and products the company provides are adequate, reliable and meet legislative and regulatory requirements
- Systems of work are undertaken in a safe manner
- Employees are sufficiently competent
- Mitton Group meets the requirements of and aims to exceed its customers’ expectations
Performance is continually measured to ensure our objectives are being achieved from:
- Regular work inspections and audits by Managers and Supervisors
- QHSE audits
- Maintaining registration certification with and audits by authorities and professional bodies
- Frequency, circumstances and prompt investigation of reported accidents and incidents and the implementation of suitable preventive measures
- Maintaining the Training Matrix for employee training and on-going assessment of competence
- Maintaining Customer confidence and satisfaction from communications and feedback
The suitability of and performance results for these objectives will be reviewed, at minimum, on quarterly basis to ensure performance effectiveness is maintained.
The Director Jonny Knowles has the authority and responsibility for ensuring that the requirements for defined Quality Management System objectives are implemented and maintained.
Our company Quality Management System policy states:
The Mitton Group of companies requires its Quality Management System to be maintained and registered to ISO 9001:2015.
To achieve this all persons in the organisation will endeavor to ensure that the service and products the company provides are adequate, reliable and meet customer, legislative and regulatory requirements.
Everyone within the company is responsible for the quality of work they perform, whether the work be directly associated with the company’s services or not.
To all personnel is delegated both the defined responsibility and authority to identify and evaluate quality problems and to initiate, recommend and provide effective solutions in relation to the processes they control.
The understanding, implementation and maintenance of the Quality Management Systems is required from all personnel through all levels of Mitton Group, together with a commitment to continually improve its effectiveness.
The Director Jonny Knowles has the authority and responsibility for ensuring that the requirements of each company’s Quality Management System are implemented and maintained.
The suitability of the Quality Policy will be reviewed, at minimum, on an annual basis to ensure its effectiveness is maintained.
“Mitton Group is ideally placed to manage contracts of this scale and importance, bringing together skilled teams from our depots around the UK,” stated Director Jonny Knowles. “We have significant experience of major projects in sectors from retail through to industrial and commercial, and have consistently demonstrated our abilities to complete strategically important works both on time and to budget.”
Totalcare Store and Site Technicians
Introduced in response to identified client requirements, particularly in the fast-moving retail sector, Mitton’s Totalcare Store and Site Technician service operates nationwide, giving clients with multiple sites instant access to a qualified team of technicians to carry out hard FM and minor building repairs.
From replacing toilet seats to ceiling tiles, from simple plumbing solutions through to electricals such as bulb and fluorescent tube replacements, Totalcare has been developed to cover most interior building fabric repairs.
Services offered also include PAT testing, fire extinguisher maintenance and water hygiene checks.
Totalcare operates an extensive team of trained technicians located nationwide, equipped to respond to a wide range of call outs, with fully stocked service vans. The team is controlled and managed through a sophisticated IT system, with all technicians using handheld PDA systems facilitating the dissemination and collection of job information and KPIs.
Working for customers including Morrisons Supermarkets and DIY giants B&Q, Mitton’s Totalcare service is tailored to individual operational requirements, scheduling visits to match needs and covering individual projects including rollout of exterior and interior signage alterations.
The Mitton team works closely with clients to develop individual Totalcare solutions tailored to match very specific requirements. All job types are tracked and reported to enable a detailed assessment and evaluation of the service provided.
Managed through Aftercare, Totalcare completed over 30,000 scheduled maintenance calls last year.